Job Title: District Sales Manager
Reports to: Regional Sales Manager
Location: DW – National Standard – various US and Canada regions
FLSA Status: Exempt
Responsible for sales to our channel partners within a defined geographic market. Managing existing distributor and end user accounts along with the development of new business relationships and markets are critical to the successful candidate. DSM’s will be required to sell; train and problem solve welding wire applications in both manual and automated environments.. Will communicate industry opportunities and issues while being accountable and responsible for the successful sales growth performance of the district.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- – Responsible for all sales of carbon, stainless steel, and cored welding wire products within a defined geographic district.
- – Responsible for achieving sales volume and profit objectives for their territory.
- – Must establish and achieve annual sales forecasts and achieve the monthly results in their territory required to make the plan.
- – Recommends sales programs and sets short and long-term sales strategies along with maintaining suitable pricing based on market competition and profit goals.
- – Handles all key accounts for their assigned territory.
- – Must have the ability to demonstrate and sell welding wire which includes GMAW welding knowledge, robotic application knowledge, and technical troubleshooting.
- – Ability to support sales and marketing initiatives, channel partner relationships and business development and end-user business development.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Analytical – designs workflows and procedures. Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs. Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Written Communication – Writes clearly andAnalytical – designs workflows and procedures. Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs. Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively. Change Management – Develops workable implementation plans. Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions and must be able to persuade and close. Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures.
To perform this job successfully, and the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- – Sales experience in the welding industry.
- – Knowledge of GMAW, AWS and CWB standards.
- – Excellent interpersonal skills.
- – Must have the ability to travel up to 70 % in support of the defined district.
4 year degree from a college or university program and 3 to 5 years sales experience in the welding field or metals industry.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Customer Relationship Management software
Certificates and Licenses
Welding certification preferred.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this jo b.. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to JRhodes@nationalstandard.com.