NS-115 CopperFree™ is a mild steel solid filler wire containing a high combined total of manganese and silicon. The wire produces a smooth, uniform welding arc, which minimizes weld spatter and results in excellent bead appearance and high operator appeal. The excellent operating characteristics of NS-115 appeal to users seeking better performance in their ER70S-6 applications.
NS-115 CopperFree™ provides the ultimate in flexibility to support your GMAW operations.
- Cast of 35″ (.88m) to 55″ (1.3m) and Helix below 1″ (25.4mm) improve feedabiltiy and provide accurate wire positioning
- Higher Silicon content reduces the molten metal surface tension, resulting in flatter bead profiles
- Manufactured according to ISO9001:2008 quality standards
- Excellent arc starts, arc stability and feedability
- Minimal spatter
- No copper flaking
- High level de-oxidizers • Excellent weld appearance and post weld cleaning
All metal transfer modes of GMAW
Robotic, mechanized or semi-automatic welding
Welding steel with medium to heavy mill scale, light rust or thin oil
Single and multi-pass weldments
Applications requiring a minimum 70,000 psi tensile strength
TYPICAL APPLICATION SHIELDING GAS BLENDS
75-95% Argon/Balance CO2
95-98% Argon/Balance O2
Flow Rate: 35-50 CFH
All position welding is possible when using the correct shielding gas blends, welding process and welding parameters.
Welding wire should be stored in a dry, enclosed environment and in its originally-sealed package.
PRODUCED ATStillwater, Oklahoma
SPECIFICATIONSAWS A5.18: ER70S-6 H4, AWS A5.18M: ER48S-6
ASME SFA-5.18: ER70S-6
AWS A5.17: EH11K (1/16" dia. only)