NS Plus® 115 is a premium copper-coated mild steel solid filler metal containing a high combined total of manganese and silicon. The wire produces a smooth, uniform welding arc, which minimizes weld spatter and results in excellent bead appearance and high operator appeal. The excellent operating characteristics of NS Plus 115 appeal to users seeking better performance in their ER70S-6 applications.
NS Plus® 115 Copper-Coated Welding Wire sets the standard in quality to support your GMAW operations.
- Cast of 35 in. (88m) to 55 in. (1.3m) and Helix below 1 in. (25.4mm) improve feedability and provide accurate wire positioning
- Higher Silicon content reduces the molten metal surface tension, resulting in flatter bead profiles
- Excellent arc starts, arc stability and feedability
- Minimal spatter and copper flaking
- High level de-oxidizers
- Excellent weld appearance and post weld cleaning
All metal transfer modes of GMAW
Robotic, mechanized or semi-automatic welding
Welding steel with medium to heavy mill scale, light rust or thin oil
Single and multi-pass weldments
Applications requiring a minimum 70,000 psi tensile strength
TYPICAL APPLICATION SHIELDING GAS BLENDS
75-95% Argon/Balance CO2
95-98% Argon/Balance O2
Flow Rate: 35-50 CFH
All position welding is possible when using the correct shielding gas blends, welding process and welding parameters.
Welding wire should be stored in a dry, enclosed environment and in its originally-sealed package.
PRODUCED ATStillwater, Oklahoma
SPECIFICATIONSAWS A5.18: ER70S-6 H4, AWS A5.18M: ER48S-6
ASME SFA-5.18: ER70S-6
AWS A5.17: EH11K (1/16" dia. only)