Tru-Core® FC 70T is a flux cored, gas-shielded electrode, designed for single and multiple pass welding of carbon steels in the flat position and for horizontal fillets. FC 70T is suitable for welding most carbon steels requiring a minimum tensile strength of 70,000 psi. This electrode is designed to operate with 100% carbon dioxide shielding gas. The rutile-based slag system promotes a smooth arc transfer and extremely easy slag removal.
- Great choice for deep groove welds
- Flat bead geometry
- Easy slag removal
- Low spatter
- Excellent feedability
- Smooth arc transfer
- Excellent mechanical properties
- Stable current transfer at the contact tip
- Patented forming, feeding and drawing equipment
- Consistent strip-to-core ratio
- Precise thermal treatment that controls the type, amount and uniformity of surface oxides on the wire
- Consistent diffusible hydrogen levels
- Consistent distribution of core ingredients
Tru-Core® FC 70T is designed to weld structural steel when the work is positioned, where increased productivity and high deposition rates are a priority.
Some examples are:
- Earth Moving Equipment
- Machine Tool Bases
- Structural Steel
- Heavy Equipment
- Railcar Construction
- Mining Machinery
- General Fabricating
TYPICAL APPLICATION SHIELDING GAS BLENDS
Flow Rate: 35-45 CFH
Flat and horizontal position welding is possible when using the correct shielding gas blends, welding process and welding parameters.
Welding wire should be stored in a dry, enclosed environment and in its originally-sealed package.
Click the link below to view/print technical tables including Typical Mechanical Properties, Typical Weld Composition, Typical Diffusible Hydrogen and Approximate Welding Parameters.
PRODUCED ATStillwater, Oklahoma
SPECIFICATIONSAWS A5.20: E70T-1C H8, E70T-9C H8
ASME SFA 5.20: E70T-1C H8, E70T-9C H8
CWB W48-06: E492-T-1 H8, E492-T-9-H8