Tru-Core® FC 70T is a flux cored, gas-shielded electrode, designed for single and multiple pass welding of carbon steels in the flat position and for horizontal fillets. FC 70T is suitable for welding most carbon steels requiring a minimum tensile strength of 70,000 psi. This electrode is designed to operate with 100% carbon dioxide shielding gas. The rutile-based slag system promotes a smooth arc transfer and extremely easy slag removal.
- Great choice for deep groove welds
- Flat bead geometry
- Easy slag removal
- Low spatter
- Excellent feedability
- Smooth arc transfer
- Excellent mechanical properties
- Stable current transfer at the contact tip
- Patented forming, feeding and drawing equipment
- Consistent strip-to-core ratio
- Precise thermal treatment that controls the type, amount and uniformity of surface oxides on the wire
- Consistent diffusible hydrogen levels
- Consistent distribution of core ingredients
Tru-Core® FC 70T is designed to weld structural steel when the work is positioned, where increased productivity and high deposition rates are a priority.
Some examples are:
- Earth Moving Equipment
- Machine Tool Bases
- Structural Steel
- Heavy Equipment
- Railcar Construction
- Mining Machinery
- General Fabricating
TYPICAL APPLICATION SHIELDING GAS BLENDS
Flow Rate: 35-45 CFH
Flat and horizontal position welding is possible when using the correct shielding gas blends, welding process and welding parameters.
Welding wire should be stored in a dry, enclosed environment and in its originally-sealed package.
Go to Product Page in our Welding Wire Catalog (printable)
Go to Technical Tables in our Welding Wire Catalog (printable)
PRODUCED ATStillwater, Oklahoma
SPECIFICATIONSAWS A5.20, ASME SFA 5.20 E70T-(1M, 1C, 9M, 9C) H8;
AWS A5.36 E70T1-(C1A0, M21A0, C1A2, M21A)-CS1 H8;