Tru-Core® FC 71T-12M is a flux cored, gas shielded, allposition electrode, designed specifically for use with gas mixtures from 75% to 80% Argon/balance CO2. Tru-Core® FC 71T-12M is intended for single and multiple pass applications, for both in-position and out-of-position welding. Up to 80% Argon can be used with no degradation in welding performance or mechanical properties. The arc transfer is smalldroplet in nature, with no appreciable spatter. The slag is fluid enough to provide good flow and wetting but freezes quickly, promoting flat, uniform bead shapes in all positions. Microalloying of the weld metal enhances CVN impact values at lower temperatures.
- Excellent bead appearance in all positions
- Designed for Argon/carbon dioxide blends
- Easy slag removal
- Smooth, spray-like arc transfer
- Excellent feedability
- Excellent mechanical properties
- Fast-freezing slag promotes excellent out-of-position results
- Patented forming, feeding and drawing equipment
- Consistent strip-to-core ratio
- Precise thermal treatment that controls the type, amount and uniformity of surface oxides on the wire
- Consistent diffusible hydrogen levels
Tru-Core® FC 71T-12M can be used for welding most carbon steels and certain low alloy steels. It is ideal for welding thicknesses varying from 10 gauge sheet metal to heavy plate sections, where “all position” welding capability, stable arc characteristics and excellent mechanical properties are needed.
Some examples are:
- Structural Steel
- Railcar Construction
- General Fabrication
TYPICAL APPLICATION SHIELDING GAS BLENDS
75-80% Argon/Balance CO2
Flow Rate: 35-45 CFH
All position welding is possible when using the correct shielding gas blends, welding process and welding parameters.
Welding wire should be stored in a dry, enclosed environment and in its originally-sealed package.
Go to Product Page in our Welding Wire Catalog (printable)
Go to Technical Tables in our Welding Wire Catalog (printable)
PRODUCED ATStillwater, Oklahoma
SPECIFICATIONSAWS A5.20: E71T-1M H8, E71T-9M H8, E71T-12M H8
ASME SFA 5.20: E71T-1M H8, E71T-9M H8, E71T-12M H8