Tru-Core® FC 71T-CG is a flux cored, gas shielded, allposition electrode, designed specifically for use with 100% CO2 shielding gas. Tru-Core FC 71T-CG is intended for single and multiple pass applications, for both in-position and out-of-position welding. The metal transfer in the arc is small-droplet in nature, resulting in a smoother arc and lower spatter levels when compared with other E71T-1C, -9C electrodes. The slag characteristics allow for better flow and wetting of the weld, which produces a flatter, more uniform bead geometry in all position welds. Microalloying of the weld metal provides enhanced CVN impact values.
- Excellent bead appearance in all positions
- Designed for 100% CO2 shielding gas
- Easy slag removal
- Smooth, spray-like arc transfer
- Excellent feedability
- Excellent mechanical properties
- Fast-freezing slag promotes excellent out-of-position results
- Patented forming, feeding and drawing equipment
- Consistent strip-to-core ratio
- Precise thermal treatment that controls the type, amount and uniformity of surface oxides on the wire
- Consistent diffusible hydrogen levels
Tru-Core® FC 71T-CG can be used for welding most carbon steels and certain low alloy steels. It is ideal for welding thicknesses varying from 10 gauge sheet metal to heavy plate sections, where “all position” welding capability, stable arc characteristics and excellent mechanical properties are needed.
Some examples are:
- Structural Fabrication
- Railcar Construction
- General Fabrication
TYPICAL APPLICATION SHIELDING GAS BLENDS
Flow Rate: 35-45 CFH
All position welding is possible when using the correct shielding gas blends, welding process and welding parameters.
Welding wire should be stored in a dry, enclosed environment and in its originally-sealed package.
Go to Product Page in our Welding Wire Catalog (printable)
Go to Technical Tables in our Welding Wire Catalog (printable)
PRODUCED ATStillwater, Oklahoma
SPECIFICATIONSAWS A5.20: E71T-1C H8, E71T-9C H8
ASME SFA 5.20: E71T-1C H8, E71T-9C H8
CWB W48-06: E491T-9C-H8